Sunday 24 November 2013

A change would do me good.

There comes a time in peoples lives when change is inevitable.  There are different situations that call for change.  Sometimes we cannot control these things but other times we can create these changes.  I have worked for various employers through out my working career.  I have done fast food, small package logistic, and worked for one of the largest oil companies in the world.  Each time I have moved on I looked for a change.  I needed something that I did not hate doing.

The work was fine the pay was alright and I put everything I had into those working positions.  I always seemed to want something more, something more worth while. Then about 2 years ago I was given the opportunity to get in to the Finance Industry.  I took the courses to get my Canadian Investment Funds Course (CIFC).  I also studied to become Life Licensed.

I spent the first year in my new profession learning about sales.  I knew what I was getting myself into.  I just didn't realize how much harder it was to break into this industry.  I learned a lot about myself  during this time.  I had bouts of anxiety and depression that I had to control even during client meetings.  I had no previous sales experience nor had experience in owning my own business.

Here I am now,  typing away on this blog.  It has been nearly a year since I left that industry and nearly four years away from oil and gas.  I find myself working in audio and visual.  I own my own business and get hired through out the city by different Audio/Visual Firms.  Will this be the place where I can work and do what I love?  Time will tell.  Only by moving forward I will find my answer.

Crap... It's 4:58 AM already.  Its time to lay my weary head.  I hope you all have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment